Sunday, April 12, 2009

So I picked up Sanctuary to get my Amanda Tapping fix, seeing how SGA got cancelled. Here's what stood out most:
How much this looked like Torchwood.
How long they could attempt to be suspenseful, before a less-than successful reveal.
How funny Tapping sounds with a Brit accent.
That this is Torchwood.
That they got half of Stargate and some of Battlestar on the show (Maj. Lorne, Todd, and Dr. Carter, and Dee and Charlie Connor. I don't remember actor names well.).
That everyone seems to have an obsession with the edges of tall buildings.
That "Sanctuary for all" goes on a mission for blood in the second episode, and show absolutely no remorse for shooting however many dozen crypt guardians.
That the fourth episode was the typical "trapped in a small room with only a few hours to live" script, with a fairly corny ending. Bleh.
That I would rather watch Hiro than Dr. Zimmermann.


I decided to do a side-by-side:





Conclusion: I hope it gets better. Even my favorite actors from previous shows will only keep me interested for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment