Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A hat fit for a dragon

The other thing that I came home to tonight was my cowl completed.
We elected to go with a cowl over a wig because, as Mom said, dragons don't have hair. Actually, some more contemporary-looking ones, as well as Asian Lungs ( or Yongs, if you're Korean) do. But she's right that other people may not know this. So she came up with the idea of making a Patsy-style cowl out of rabbit skins. So one night, we did some web browsing for some cowl patterns. Here's a picture of me with the newspaper mock-up on my head. Once we quit holding the corners down, it sort of went all "flying nun" on me. Just look. Don't linger.



We were both cracking up there.


We took down the mounted skin that adorned my wall, and bought another one at Hobby Lobby. Once we got it pinned, it sat on my maille desk as we got ready for listing. Now that we've gotten some more time, she has sewn it. We left the foot hanging down intentionally and didn't match the grain for that lovely DIY look.


We're going to sew down that spot on the right side of the photo so it covers my hair better.

Also, here's a pic of the muzzle:

3 comments:

  1. EEK! I lingered! ROFLOL

    This will be the very flavor of awesome when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the Dragon have a name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not yet; probably won't use another gaelic name, tho.

    I was thinking about Auryxys, back when he was going to have some gold on him.

    ReplyDelete